As I’m writing this, multiple people have dredged up an old Star Wars Questions Thread on Twitter by @TheParkerLuck_. It looks like fun, but I’m choosing to participate in blog format, both for posterity and not to clog up everyone’s feeds. Here we go!
- Favourite movie?
Empire Strikes Back.
- Favourite movie from the original trilogy?
Empire Strikes Back.
- Favourite movie from the prequels?
The Phantom Menace.
- Favourite score/soundtrack?
A New Hope.
- Favourite character?
- Least favourite character?
Someone I’ve already forgotten about, probably.
- Favourite side character?
- Underrated character?
L’ulo. Been flying for the Rebellion/Republic/Resistance for over 30 years, and no-one even knows him!
- Overrated character?
Gotta be Boba, I guess.
- Favourite trio?
Luke, Leia, and Han.
- Favourite character from the original trio?
- Favourite character from the prequel trio?
- Favourite character from the new trio?
Mmh, hardest one to pick a favourite from.. I’ll go Finn.
- Favourite actor?
Grumpy old gramps Harrison Ford!
- Favourite actress?
Daisy Ridley really blew me away in The Force Awakens.
- Favourite alien race?
- Favourite creature/animal?
- Favourite droid?
R2-D2… But it might become K-2SO soon!
- Favourite Jedi?
Ahsoka Tano.She might actually be the best character this saga has produced. Great character with lots of growth!
- Favourite Sith?
- Favourite starship/spacecraft?
- Favourite planet?
Coruscant is a really strong concept.
- Light Side or Dark Side?
Light Side (though not the Jedi Code, they didn’t fall for nothing!)
- Rebellion or Resistance?
Rebel Alliance to Restore the Republic!
- Empire or First Order?
- Death Star or Starkiller?
Wasn’t really on board with Starkiller at first… But if it’s actually Ilum that would add so much to its mythos!
- Original or First Order stormtroopers?
Original will always be more iconic, I guess. Though the real answer is, of course, Imperial Hovertank Pilot.
- The Force: “It’s true, all of it” or “It’s just some simple tricks and nonsense”?
Kinda hard to argue with the Force being a real thing in the GFFA.
- Which character’s lightsaber is your favourite?
Darth Maul. Good thing the phrasing doesn’t make me choose between saberstaff and darksaber!
- Favourite lightsaber colour?
Red just looks so great!
- Favourite lightsaber battle?
Darth Sidious VS Maul and Savajj Opress in The Clone Wars!
- Favourite scene from The Phantom Menace?
Darth Maul’s entrance on Naboo. That dual saber ignite with Duel of the Fates blaring… Great stuff.
- Favourite quote from The Phantom Menace?
“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
- Favourite song from The Phantom Menace?
Duel of the Fates.
- Favourite scene from Attack of the Clones?
Obi-Wan Kenobi VS Jango Fett. Great scene which really demonstrated how bounty hunters might pose a threat to Jedi.
- Favourite quote from Attack of the Clones?
“Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.”
- Favourite song from Attack of the Clones?
Across the Stars.
- Favourite scene from Revenge of the Sith?
Most of the Obi-Wan VS Anakin fight.
- Favourite quote from Revenge of the Sith?
“So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause.” has gotten some use recently…
- Favourite song from Revenge of the Sith?
Anakin’s Dark Deeds.
- Favourite scene from A New Hope?
I’m gonna cheat by just giving the entire Death Star infiltration a shout out. Great stuff.
- Favourite quote from A New Hope?
“Boring conversation anyway!”
- Favourite song from A New Hope?
- Favourite scene from Empire Strikes Back?
The bounty hunter scene on the Executor. Amazing how one little scene can be grounds for so many Legends stories!
- Favourite quote from Empire Strikes Back?
- Favourite song from Empire Strikes Back?
- Favourite scene from Return of the Jedi?
Luke revealing his true potential and igniting that green saber on the skiff!
- Favourite quote from Return of the Jedi?
“Oh, I’m afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive.” Yes, just for the insanely hammy delivery.
- Favourite song from Return of the Jedi?
The Battle of Endor I.
- Favourite scene from The Force Awakens?
Poe Dameron’s insane killstreak on Takodana.
- Favourite quote from The Force Awakens?
“Move, ball.” (Yes, I’m a sucker for Ford improv.)
- Favourite song from The Force Awakens?
March of the Resistance.
- The Clone Wars or Rebels?
Clone Wars, though Rebels may overtake it soon…
- Favourite character from Clone Wars?
- Favourite episode of Clone Wars?
The Lawless. Mandalore, Obi-Wan, Maul, and the greatest saber battle the franchise has to offer. What more do you want?
- Favourite character from Rebels?
Sabine Wren. Cool looking, great personality, and she’s got a bright future ahead of her.
- Favourite episode of Rebels?
Siege of Lothal. Vader as an absolute beast.
- Favourite novel in the new canon?
Lost Stars! With Bloodline not far behind. Claudia Gray for everything, please.
- Favourite novel from Legends?
Tales of the Bounty Hunters.
- What character would you like to see explored more in a novel?
Padmé deserves more airtime. A Bloodline-style book starring her would be great!
- What upcoming novel are you looking forward to the most?
Empire’s End moreso than Thrawn, oddly.
- Favourite comic?
Shattered Empire still.
- Favourite videogame?
Knights of the Old Republic.
- Favourite thing about Star Wars?
The interconnectivity between all forms of media. Really unprecedented!
- One thing you would change about Star Wars?
Don’t wanna hate on the prequels.. But it’s probably gotta be George’s directing.
- How did you get into Star Wars?
Recorded VHS tapes of the OT that I’ve watched to death.
- Best memory about Star Wars?
The goosebumps of seeing The Force Awakens in theaters after such a long wait!
- How did you feel originally about Disney buying Lucasfilm? How do you feel about it now?
Same response twice, really. More Star Wars, how good!
- What upcoming thing are you looking forward to the most in the Star Wars universe?
Rogue One of course!
- How excited are you for Rogue One?
Maybe tóó excited?!
- Which character would you like to see cameo in Rogue One?
- How excited are you for Episode VIII?
Eh… Let’s just get Rogue One behind us first, alright?
- What do you expect out of Episode VIII?
Expecting it to really branch out into its own thing after TFA’s brilliant but familiar set-up.
- Are you excited for the Han Solo movie?
Not really, though nearly every cast and crew member has been a great decision. It’ll turn out good.
- What do you think about Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo?
Should be good, if only for the hilarity of hearing people attempting to pronounce his last name.
- What do you expect out of the Han Solo movie?
A fun romp!
- Which character would you like to see cameo in the Han Solo movie?
Bossk! But really, any bounty hunter would work. If the tone really will be a western, maybe Cad Bane would be a better fit…
- What did you think about the latest Rogue One trailer?
All the trailers have been truly excellente. Can’t wait for this film.
- What do you think the 2020 stand-alone Star Wars movie is going to be about?
My money’s on a new attempt at the Boba Fett film.
- What are your thoughts on Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian?
Yes, yes, yes, yes! I’ve loved Donald ever since Community, he’ll do a great job!
Holy Force, this turned out to be a bigger endeavour than I’d thought. Enjoyed it a lot though!
Feel free to hit me up about any answers you’re surprised by or disagree with, I’m always down to talk some Wars!